1. Be clear about what it is you want e.g. if you want to lose weight – what’s your target weight and by when? If you want a new job – what kind of job, when, where?
2. Believe that your goal is achievable. Stop with the negative attitude and start with a can do approach. As Walt Disney said “If you can dream it, you can do it”
3. Write down your goal. This will help you define what your goals are and stimulate creativity.
4. Remind yourself of the benefits. What will achieving your goal do for you? What will it to for others?
5. Create a plan of action. What is the first step required? Then what needs to happen and by when?
6. Review your goals daily and take some action every day no matter how small.
7. Break your goal down into small steps. With mini goals to achieve at each step and celebrate every success along the way.
8. Get pictures of what your goal looks like and create a vision board. Seeing what your goal looks like is motivating and will remind you of what it is you will achieve.
9. Focus on one goal at a time until the work required for that goal becomes a habit. e.g. if you want to run a marathon, create the habit of running each day.
10. Get yourself a goal buddy – either someone else motivated to achieve something similar or someone who has achieved what you want to.
Coaching can also help. To find out more contact us